Selava Omar – Xeber24.net – “Agencies”
On Friday, US Secretary of State “Mike Pompeo” called for the opening of a comprehensive and transparent investigation into the bloody explosion that occurred in the port of Beirut last Tuesday.
And “Pompeo” said, in a statement to the US State Department, that the Lebanese have the right to inquire about the incident, and that the government should prioritize the safety of its citizens.
He added, “We are saddened by the loss of lives in this horrific tragedy that caused massive destruction to Beirut earlier this week, and we pray for the survivors, their families and all the Lebanese as they struggle to build their lives and their city again.”
The statement concluded by saying: “No country is more generous or sympathetic than the United States, and we will continue our support for the Lebanese people as they recover from this tragedy.”
It is worth noting that US President Donald Trump announced, on Friday, that he will participate in an international conference in support of Lebanon after the huge bombing in Beirut, which killed at least 154 people, injured more than 5,000 others, and destroyed large parts of its territory.
And the Lebanese judicial authorities are investigating the explosion, which the authorities said was caused by the storage of a huge amount of ammonium nitrate in the Beirut port for 6 years.