SDF advances within “Battle to defeat terrorism”
The fierce fighting continues in the countryside of Hejin amid the advance of SDF. In the last 24 hours, 11 mercenaries were killed, 3 mercenaries’ military vehicles were destroyed and 34 mines planted by mercenaries were removed.
SDF’s media center issued a public statement, in which it revealed the outcome of the last 24 hours of the “Battle to defeat terrorism.”
The text of the statement included,
“Baguz axis / al-Shajal village:
– This axis witnessed intermittent clashes on Saturday evening with movements of the mercenaries and the use of medium weapons, while the International air force carried out an air strike against them.
On a parallel axis, opposite to Hejin city, our troops were engaged in clashes with the mercenaries, and the killing and wounding of none of them have been confirmed as they fled, leaving behind a 12.5-caliber machine gun with amounts of ammunition seized by our fighters.
– In the morning hours of Sunday, our forces advanced in the vicinity of Baguz and established several defensive fortifications to protect the town. The engineering teams searched for mines where 30 mines were dismantled.
– The movements of a mercenaries’ vehicle was observed, while the Coalition’s aircraft carried out a raid on a vehicle of the mercenaries and destroyed it completely, as well as our forces targeted a site of a machine gun of the mercenaries and destroyed it.
– Our forces continued to comb the town and its surrounding and seized quantities of individual machine guns and ammunition.
– This axis witnessed intermittent clashes on Saturday night, and they continued until dark.
– At night, our troops clashed with the mercenaries face to face and progressed 1 km, liberating many of the points they were stationed in.
– Mines were a real challenge for our troops as the mercenaries planted mines in abundance, but the engineering teams dealt with dozens of mines and dismantled them.
– In this axis, our forces targeted the movements of the mercenaries and confirmed the killing of 3 of them, and the Coalition’s aircraft carried out 4 raids that led to destroying a mercenaries’ tunnel and killing 8 of them.
The outcome of the clashes and battles on all axes:
– liberating and securing an area of 2 km length, 1.5 km width and 2.7 km2 area.
– Implementing 6 air strikes.
– Killing 11 mercenaries.
– Destroying 3 military vehicles, one of them loaded a machine gun.
– Dismantling 34 landmines.”